Whether for new construction or as replacements, when you choose wooden windows you’re adding beauty, classic lines and design flexibility. In addition, wood replacement windows offer exceptional energy efficiency.
Pella Wooden Windows provide custom design options to fit whatever architecture sets your home apart. The advantages of installing new wood-frame windows begin showing up as soon as the crew drives away. Gone are the days of single-pane glass and dull wooden frames. New windows sparkle. They brighten your rooms and your outlook on life. There are advantages that show up later, too, including:
- Family comfort – homeowners with older homes often complain of cold drafts in winter and hot spots in summer. Modern new windows with double- or triple-pane glass reduce heat transfer while filtering the sun’s UV rays. Tight seals prevent air leaks. Without drafts your rooms are more comfortable.
- Increased curb appeal – new windows dramatically change the appearance of your house. Clean lines or new colors make a statement. Replacement windows give your property a face-lift.
- A boost in resale value – would-be buyers take note of the outside appearance and will track with energy-efficient features. Remodeling magazine’s 2020 Cost vs. Value report shows homeowners adding modern wooden windows may get as high as a 60% return when it’s time to sell.
- Reduced maintenance – modern windows don’t require the stress-full, ladder-climbing maintenance of their ancestors. Custom features like between-the-glass blinds that never need dusting and inward opening sashes for window washing from the inside head the list of top features.
Protect Your Investment When You Choose Wooden Windows
In addition to low maintenance features keeping new Pella wooden windows clean, two special treatments protect your investment from the outside:
- Aluminum cladding – cladding, the covering of the basic wood frame with an aluminum shield called EnduraClad® protects the wood from the elements. It comes in many colors so the exterior of your new windows matches your home’s trim – or makes an all-new statement of its own!
- Exterior wood protection – more advanced protection guarding against moisture, decay, mold, mildew and stains comes in the form of EnduraGuard® system.
Choosing Wooden Windows – Weighing Options
The benefits of wood replacement windows are hard to beat. The obvious benefits include their good looks and energy efficiency. For years, wood has been the benchmark against which all other window-building materials get compared. While always a favorite, they have drawbacks, including:
- Initial cost
- Threats from the elements
- Bugs – termites, etc.
Vinyl, fiberglass and aluminum windows have disadvantages, too, but these aren’t usually high on the list.
Wooden Window Technology
When it comes to initial cost, the old adage: “You get what you pay for” holds true. Wooden replacement windows might cost more than some other options – or in many cases they may not. When coupled with Pella’s many design features, protective systems and high-efficiency engineering, value outweighs cost.
The EnduraGuard system is a perfect example. Teamed with Pella’s unique immersion treatment technology EnduraGuard protects from the effects of moisture and fends off rot and bugs. It provides extra peace of mind, working in the cold, heat and wet.
When it comes to choosing replacement windows for your home there are a lot of options. Some fit your home’s style and your budget better than others. As you evaluate your choices consider your family’s lifestyle and growth in the next 5 or 10 years. Don’t underestimate the benefits of high-tech window designs. Innovations make news all the time. Today you have many options to improve your daily life, including:
- Reducing noise – if you live near a busy street you understand how noise invades your space, don’t you? Twenty-first century window technology helps filter out exterior sounds. Wooden windows with solid frames and multi-pane High-E glass add a barrier to annoying sound.
- Filtering dust, allergens – high-tech treatments and professional window installation seal tight so new windows protect against dust and outdoor elements invading your home. Between-glass blinds and shades protect from UV light while reducing space for dust to collect. Fewer surfaces to clean is a welcome benefit, right?
- Adding security – modern windows not only provide great visibility and access to fresh air they provide safety for your family. High-tech hardware includes dependable locking systems and can include security sensors.
Think Installation As You Choose Wooden Windows
Professional window installation is the final vital element in choosing wooden windows for your home. Without the skill and workmanship of factory-trained and certified installation crews you may not realize the benefits of all the high-tech features of even the best windows. When you’ve done your homework and choose wooden windows for your home it doesn’t make sense to cut corners at this vital stage, does it?
Sims Exteriors & Remodeling is a Certified Installation Contractor for all Pella windows and doors. It is a member of an elite national group fielding a team of specialists trained to install innovative windows and doors. Each window is supported by an extensive warranty. In addition, Sims Exteriors & Remodeling provides its own warranties for its workmanship. When you consult a Pella specialists at Sims Exteriors & Remodeling you’re tapping years of experience. You’re working with professionals you can trust to do the job right and stand behind it making it easy to choose wooden windows.
Sims Exteriors & Remodeling is committed to every phase of quality residential construction – remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows and additions. Contact Sims Exteriors & Remodeling at 608-825-4500 or via Email for the latest energy-efficient ideas when you choose wooden windows for your Madison WI home.
Energy Efficiency – Window Types – Energy.gov