Installing replacement windows can be a big project.
Before you are through with a window replacement project, there will be a lot of holes in your walls. The need to have the replacement windows installed correctly so the new windows will be aesthetically pleasing and weather tight for comfort and protection is huge.
Unless you plan on swinging a hammer on your window replacement project, you have to pick a contractor to do your project.
So, no pressure now – your choice of a replacement windows contractor will determine the success or failure of your project. It can be tough to do – especially if you have not done any construction or building of you own. In other words, you have no frame of reference.
To increase your chances of having a successful window replacement project, we have assembled a set of questions to ask EVERY replacement windows contractor you consider. Conducting interviews to qualify prospective replacement windows contractors is an important step.
In window replacement projects, those removing the old windows and installing the new may be in your home when you are not, so trusting them is a major issue. Following up on references and credentials is important before hiring any contractor. The goal is finding a replacement windows company with high credibility and good feedback from prior clients.
Finding The Right Contractor For Your Replacement Windows Project
The following questions will help you identify the qualifications and reputation of various companies and help you find the right replacement windows professional for your project.
- How long has the contractor been in business?
- Who supervises your projects?
- When will the project be started and finished?
- What is the contractor’s proposed approach to this project? Specific or vague?
- How is the contractor’s business organized? Employees or subs? Organized or not?
- Is the contractor a full service or specialty firm?
- Does the contractor carry workers compensation and liability insurance? Do not be shy to ask. NOTE: If the contractor is not insured and a worker is injured in your home, you will be liable for medical bills and related costs.
- Are employees certified? Trade & Industry certifications.
- Ask for a list of references for completed projects similar to yours.
- How much of contractors business is repeat or referral business?
- How many projects like yours have they completed recently (past 6 months to a year)
- How will permits be handled? Should be pulled by the contractor.
The Right Replacement Windows Contractor For Madison WI
Selecting the right contractor for your window replacement project is the first, important step to getting the job done right.
At Sims Exteriors & Remodeling we are replacement windows experts. We are also specialists in remodeling challenges including roofing, siding, ventilation, adding additions, bathroom remodeling, kitchen remodeling, basement remodeling, sun tunnels, deck additions and more.
We are window replacement specialists serving the Madison WI area including Middleton, Waunakee, Fitchburg, Oregon Verona, McFarland, Stoughton, Cottage Grove, Sun Prairie, Deforest and all of Dane County.
Contact Sims Exteriors and Remodeling– 608-825-4500 for assistance selecting the best windows and the best replacement windows company in Madison WI for your project.