Roofing can last a lifetime. A good roof has the proper type of shingles, superior craftsmanship and correct and complete installation.
It’s possible to get shingles to last the life of your home if they are installed as part of a well-designed roofing system. In climates such as we have in Madison, WI, the system must be designed for weather issues such as hail, heavy winters with ‘melt & freeze’ cycles and even larger trees surrounding a home and so on. These are conditions to be considered if you really expect to protect your home. A complete roofing system for your roof is the best way to battle the elements.
Roofing Done Right – Four Big Factors
Installing a roof correctly protects the investment you have made in your home. There are four fundamental factors that combine to deliver the best roofing result. Be sure to consider the following as you look to replace your roof –
- Install GAF Lifetime Shingles – Without shingles designed to last the life of your home you can expect increased expense and hassle. Less robust shingles can translate into water damage to your home. GAF Lifetime Shingles deliver peace of mind.
- Be Sure to Install a Complete Roofing System (Not Just Shingles) – a roofing system is designed to protect your home. A roofing system is designed so multiple components work together to provide protection. Proper roofing systems include:
- High Performance Starter Shingles – they have straighter edges to protect against high winds
- Roof Deck Protection that breathes
- Leak Barriers providing water proofing for eaves and valleys
- Proper Attic Ventilation for controlling temperature and moisture level
- Ridge Caps for protection with from a proper seal and providing great aesthetics
- Locate an “Elite” Roofing Contractor – Sims Exteriors and Remodeling is one of less than 3% of all GAF roofing contractors rated as Master Elite roofing contractor. For a roofing contractor to earn this distinction, the roofer must provide the highest installation quality, impeccable customer satisfaction ratings, and financial stability. If you do not work with Sims, be sure to work with a GAF Master Elite roofing contractor.
- A Warranty Covering The Life Of Your Home – with proper installation by your roofing contractor, GAF guaranties their roofing systems for the life of your home. Even if your roofing contractor retires, GAF ensures a factory qualified and certified roofer in Madison WI will do your warranty work. This is significant because 80% of all roofing contractors are in business less than five years.
A Final Thoughts On A Professional Roofing Contractor
When a homeowner is looking for a replacement roof, its best to install a roofing system where the various components are designed to work together. A GAF Master Elite roofing contractor in Madison WI is the best option for doing a proper installation. The reason is simple. You want the roof installation to be done correctly with products designed to work together. When installations are done well, the system protects as it should and the warranty will be honored if needed. Be sure to avoid using multiple contractors or products. If there are future issues, fixing the problem may be difficult because assessing what or who is at fault will be challenging.
Sims Exteriors and Remodeling is a GAF Master Elite roofing contractor. We are ready to help with any questions about products or roofing problems. We are committed to helping you solve any roofing issues you may have. We are proud to serve Madison, WI and the surrounding areas, including Cottage Grove, Sun Prairie, Waunakee, Middleton, Verona, Fitchburg, McFarland, Stoughton and Greater Dane County.
Call or email our experienced professional roofers about your upcoming roof project. Sims Exteriors and Remodeling is an Elite roofing Contractor in Madison, WI.